- R & D
- Industry Interactions
- Contact us
Dr. K. Satyanarayana , Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, completed his Ph.D from National Institute of Technology Warangal and has over Five years of academic and research experience in Indian universities. His Ph.D work was on Machinability characteristics: Modeling, Simulation, analysis and optimization of Ti-6Al-4V. Prior to PhD, he had earned Bachelors of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from JayaPrakash Narayan college of Engineering, and Masters of Engineering with Product Design Development specialization in Mechanical Engineering from National Institute of Technology Warangal.
Dr. Satyanarayana research interests include Material Testing & Characterization, single and multi-objective optimization techniques, Experimental, Analytical and Finite Element Investigations of various machining and formining processes in which he has more than 30 publications, in various journals and conferences. He is currently working on uniaxial and biaxial deformation behavior of Titanium 21S alloy up to 4000C, anisotropic yield criteria for titanium 21S alloy, Forming Limit Diagrams (FLDs) at various temperatures and optimization.
Dr Satyanarayana is recipient of Bharth Vidhya Rathan Award. He is a member of ASME, IEANG and life member of ISTE.
Dr. K. Satyanarayana
Mechanical Engineering Department
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Bachupally, Hyderabad, Telangana- 500090
• PhD., Mechanical Engineering, NITW, Warangal (2009-2013)
Thesis Title: Experimental studies on Machinability characteristics: Modeling, Simulation, analysis and optimization of Ti-6Al-4V.
Supervisors: Prof. A.Venu Gopal & Prof. P. Bagaru Babu, NITW Warangal.
• MTech., Product Design and Development NITW, Warangal (2007-2009)
CGPA : 8.31
Dissertation Title : Copper and Graphite Electrode Performance on PH 17-4 Steel In Electro-Discharge Machining And Geometry Prediction Of EDM-Drilled Holes Using Simulation”.
Supervisor : Dr. T. Sadasiva Rao Ass. Professor NITW Warangal
• BTech., Mechanical Engineering JPNCE, Mahbubnagar (2003-2007)
Percentage : 72.12
Project : Experimental Investigation on Machining Al 6061 & Al 6063 by Using Carbides.
• Associate Professor (Mechanical Engineering), GRIET, Hyderabad, 17-02-2014 till date.
• Developed Research center proposal for institute to JNTUH
• National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Coordinator for MTech (DFM), Academic year 2015-16.
• National Institutional Ranking Frame work (NIRF) Coordinator, Academic year 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19.
• Machine tools
• Production Technology
• Advances in Manufacturing Processes
• Special Manufacturing Processes
• Tool Design.